“Entirely adequate” was a common newsroom compliment during my copy-editing days.
If you don’t think it’s a compliment, then you’ve never worked at a newspaper.
It’s also a bit of a mantra: Most things in life turn out to be entirely adequate, and that isn’t the worst thing you can ask for.
Random facts about me:
- I’m a recovering newspaper copy editor turned technical writer turned research analyst, an utter geek and a reckless culinary adventurer with a bad case of the elsewheres.
- I’m married to smart, funny guy named Bill. I make it a point to fall in love with him at least once a day.
- I used to have two cats, Yin and Yang. Yang lived to be almost 18.
- I named my car Pica.
- Pica is 12 years old. Clearly, I am a fantastic owner of cars and cats.
- I named my brother’s daughter after a Star Trek character.
- My naming services are available for a nominal fee.
- My mom has lived through two once-in-a-lifetime hurricanes.